Fully Insured? It is easy to find out…
We’ve all heard the stories… a trusting homeowner hires a cheap trades person or moving company
to do some work for them. Things are going well, but when a worker gets injured, it becomes apparent
that they have no coverage from the workman’s compensation board and now the homeowner is left
facing an awkward liability issue.
No, this does not happen often, but yes, it does happen.
How to prevent a potential legal mess in less than 3 minutes:
Worksafe BC has a handy online tool that lets you find out if a company has coverage or not. Here’s how to do it in 7 easy steps:
- go to http://www.worksafebc.com/insurance/managing_your_account/clearance_letters/
- click the yellow button that says: Get a Clearance Letter
- Fill in the form
- Click on Yellow “Search” Button
- Enter the name of the company you want to know about
- Select the company that appears and hit “Create Clearance Letter.”
- Pat yourself on the back for preventing a potential legal headache.
I always recommend multiple quotes from local moving companies in Victoria. Make sure that they are all accredited by the BBB and that they are in fact fully insured. It takes an extra few minutes, but can prevent a potential headache in the future.
If you have any questions about the different types of insurance involved with moving or storage or want a free quote from a local mover in Victoria, give Hendra Moving a call!