Helpful Packing Video lessons
Helpful Moving Tips
- Summer is peak moving season. If you are flexible with your dates, consider moving on a date other than the first and last days of the month.
- If possible book your moving date – 60 to 90 days in advance, especially in the summer season.
- Make a ‘TO DO’ lists and set goals and deadlines.
- Dispose of any hazardous materials. (Paint, bleach etc)
- Change your mailing address.
- Inform friends and/or family of your moving date in case assistance is required.
- Dispose of any belongings that you do not want to take with you to your new place. (Garage sale, Salvation Army, Recycle)
- Remember to sign up for services at new address prior to arrival (phone, hydro etc.)
- Make arrangements for childcare on moving day
- Reserve elevators/meter parking if required
- Save moving receipts because many expenses incurred from moving are tax deductible
- Confirm and Finalize arrangements with Lawyer or landlord (Key possession)
- Prior to moving date -use things that are not able to be moved, such as cleaning chemicals and frozen foods, propane etc.
- Leave a note with your new address in the house for future residents so they can forward any mail.
- Ensure we have your destination details such as phone numbers and proper addresses.
- Confirm travel arrangements for family members and pets.
Packing Dishes – The Secret for Avoiding Breakage
How to Pack Glasses for Moving
How to Pack Mirrors and Artwork
How to Pack Lamps for Moving
How to Pack Your TV
These videos are from the folks at www.relocation.com
Moving Cost Factors / Variables
- Being as organized as possible will always minimize the cost of a move.
- Truck access is very important. The distance the crew has to travel at the load and unload location will affect the duration of the job.
- Elevators should be reserved because availability during peak moving times and in certain establishments may cause unwanted setbacks.
- Additional stairs or items not mentioned during the estimate
- Weather conditions, construction, traffic congestion can affect travel time
- Packing and cleaning during the day of the move will sometimes slow down the crew’s progress
- If unable to acquire keys or former tenant/owner not yet vacated
- Being uncertain of where things are going at the unload location
- Label boxes ie. Kitchen, Living Room, Bedroom, Bedroom 2
- Requiring additional set up assistance for appliances, electronics, beds etc
- Ask about available cleaning services
- Ask about available haul away services
At the end of it all, we are here to help you have a better move than your last one.Contact us about Moving